Sunday, May 15, 2011

The sky is falling!

ON ME!

On friday (the 13th), my students couldn't stop talking about it. I laughed and told them we had nothing to worry about, but maybe I should have listened to them...

My Mom and i took little Myles to the park just down the street from my house on Friday afternoon, and as we were walking along the sidewalk we were suddenly hit. 

My glasses flew off my face and broke, we were covered in dirt, i thought my face was bleeding, and had a really sharp pain in my shoulder. Thankfully Mom and Myles were both fine, just shocked.
 Once I figured out we were all okay (kind of), I realized that one of my biggest fears living in Pasadena had come true! 

We had been hit by a large palm tree branch that fell from a 50-60 ft tree above us!

The heavy end of the branch hit me first on the shoulder...I am currently still in a sling and unable to move my arm without pain. Hoping its just a bad bruise, but heading to the doc tomorrow to make sure.  

Here is a picture of the awful thing that got me (mom went back later to pick it up and bring it home). 


On a better note, Myles 3rd birthday party was super fun! 
Will post pictures later, typing with one hand is hard. 


*UPDATE: Went to the doctor today, thinks I may have torn something in my shoulder. Referred me to an orthopedic surgeon, and is requiring me to take 2 days off work to rest and see if it heals at all. 

3 comments:

  1. That's a bummer. Maybe dinner with Heather and I soon would help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Poor thing. Your sling. My black eye. We are quite the team. Hoping your shoulder is just bruised and not anything more! Heal fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is crazy! Just as I had suspected, Pasadena is a death trap. Can you sue for falling trees?

    ReplyDelete