Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Sand Man

So I have this sweet little 1st grader who I see twice a week first thing in the morning and she is always keeping me entertained! 

She daily talks about "The Sand Man," coming to her house...
I finally asked her what she was talking about and she explained that the Sand Man comes to her house while she is sleeping and puts sand in her eyes, so when she wakes up every morning she has sand in the corner of her eyes. Sometimes she forgets to get it out until she comes to school :)

This same student sometimes walks away in the middle of an activity towards the playground area. When I call her name and remind her we are still doing PE, she tells me that sometimes her body just takes her somewhere and there is nothing she can do about it.

And finally, this sweet little girl dressed up for Dr. Seuss Day a few weeks ago...
As Scooby Doo. 

I didn't ask questions...just enjoyed it :)

Although we did have to stop playing with the jump rope (her favorite) because her tail kept getting in the way. 

Just a little bit of my day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that these amazing children are in your life--and that you are in theirs. :)

    ReplyDelete